What is Xeomin?
Xeomin®, scientifically known as botulinum toxin type A, is the first clinically proven anti-aging aesthetic uniquely purified to remove unnecessary proteins. Xeomin aesthetic treatment is effective at reducing frown lines.
Your satisfaction is important to us! We would like you to return to the office in 2 weeks for a follow-up assessment appointment, especially after your first treatment. Xeomin aesthetic will ensure we are able to see how your facial muscles react to your treatment. If you require additional Xeomin® to fine-tune/adjust your treatment results, there will be additional charges at the regular rate.
*You should not receive Xeomin® aesthetic if you are allergic to botulinum toxin, or if you have an infection, swelling, or muscle weakness in the area where the medicine will be aesthetically implemented.
- FDA Approved
- Without additives
- Sagging Skin
- Skin Elasticity
- Eyebrow Lift
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
Prior to treatment all potential risks and side effects will be discussed.
Typical side effects may include:
**Service price is subjective to change depending on patients' skin conditions.**
Before Using Xeomin®
XEOMIN® may cause serious side effects that can be life threatening.
To make sure Xeomin is safe for you, let us know if you ever had:
- Other botulinum toxin, or Botox in the last 4 months
- Heart disease
- A seizure disorder
- A breathing disorder such as asthma or emphysema
- Problems with swallowing
- Facial muscle weakness (droopy eyelids, weak forehead, trouble raising your eyebrows)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis(ALS, or “Lou Gehrig’s disease”);
- Myasthenia gravis
- Lambert-Eaton syndrome
- A change in the normal appearance of your face
- Bleeding problems
3 DAYS BEFORE treatment:
- AVOID topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or other “anti-aging” products. Also AVOID waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising):
- AVOID blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Inform your provider if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Do not use XEOMIN® if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
- It is best to try to exercise your treated muscles for 1-2 hours after treatment (e.g. practice frowning, raising your eyebrows, and squinting). This helps to work XEOMIN® into your muscles.
- Stay in a vertical position for four hours following aesthetic. Sit upright and DO NOT “rest your head” or lie down.
- You may apply a cold gel pack or ice to the area treated (avoiding pressure) as this help to reduce swelling and prevent potential bruising.
- Once you have adequately iced/cooled the area(s) as instructed and any pinpoint bleeding from the aesthetic site has fade away, you may begin wearing make-up.
- AVOID placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few days; when cleansing your face or applying makeup, be very gentle.
- AVOID exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen.
- Wait a minimum of 24 hours before receiving any skin care or laser treatments.