Key Benefits of Clairty II Laser Hair Removal:
- Prevents ingrown hairs
- Long-term solution
- Treats skin colors and tones
- Fast treatment
- Unwanted hair (on nearly all skin types, including tanned and dark skin)
- Inflammation caused by ingrown hairs
Prior to treatment all potential risks and side effects will be discussed.
Generally side effects from Clairty II Laser Hair Removal are minimal but may include:
- Treatment area must be cleaned and shaved 24 hours or less prior to treatment.
- Avoid the sun exposure 4-6 weeks before treatment.
- SPF 30+ should be used when exposed to the sun.
- Aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen should be discontinued 7 days prior treatment and 2 weeks after treatment.
- Please note, recently tanned skin cannot be treated. However, if treated within 2 weeks of active (natural sunlight or tanning booth) tanning you may develop hypopigmentation from this treatment.
- The use of self-tanning skin products must be discontinued 1 week prior to treatment.
- Cool compresses or chilled aloe Vera gel may be applied after treatment if necessary.
- Hydrate the skin with a non-comedogenic moisturizer twice daily.
- Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of hyperpigmentation for 1 week after treatment.
- Apply a SPF 30+ to avoid skin irritation or damage.
- Do not receive other laser treatments or chemical peels on the treated area for at least 2 weeks after the treatment.
- Try not to rub the treated area when cleaning.
- Q: How do you prepare for Clarity II?
- Each patient receives a list of pretreatment instructions during the consultation. Clarity II patients should avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, Aleve, and other nonsteroidal inflammatory medications (NSAIDs) for two weeks before and after the treatment to reduce the risk of bruising. Skincare products with irritants like Retin-A should be avoided one to two weeks before the procedure.
Patients should avoid tanning beds and direct sun exposure for two weeks before and after the treatment. Laser hair removal patients should not wax or tweeze the hair for two weeks before.
Clarity II vascular treatment results are immediate. However, broken capillaries may disappear immediately and then briefly reappear before permanently vanishing. Veins and vascular lesions may require more than one treatment to be cleared completely. New veins may appear with age around the cheeks, nose, or chin, but the ones that are removed with Clarity II will not return.
Clarity hair removal results will develop after a series of treatments. Bi-annual or annual touch-ups may be needed to maintain the results. However, laser hair removal results typically last for up to twelve years or more.