Risks and Side Effects:
Prior to treatment all potential risks and side effects will be discussed.
Typical side effects may include:
- Injury to blood vessels or nerves
- Calcification at the
- Scar tissue
Notes: You may be rejected for treatment if you:
- Are on blood thinners
- Are a heavy smoker
- Have a history of alcohol or drug misuse
- Have been diagnosed with cancer, acute or chronic infections, chronic liver disease, hemodynamic instability, metabolic disorder, systemic disorder, sepsis, hypofibrinogenemia, thyroid disease
**Service price is subjective to change depending on patients' skin conditions.**
- Discontinue blood thinning agents such as vitamin E, vitamin A, Ginko, Garlic, Flax, Cod Liver Oil, and Essential Fatty Acids, and multivitamins, a minimum of 7 days (preferably 14 days) prior to treatment. It is fine to continue iron and vitamin D.
- If you are taking any blood thinners, please let your provider know immediately, as they may represent a contraindication to this treatment. These medications include Plavix, Coumadin and Heparin.
- Avoid aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Iburprofen, Naproxen, Voltaren and other anti-inflammatory medications. We want inflammation to occur – as this is one mechanism by which PRP works.
- You may use Tylenol (acetaminophen) as needed prior to the treatment.
- Prescription medications (including heart and blood pressure medication) should be taken as prescribed right up to, and including, the day of and the day after your treatments.
- If you are taking broad beta-blockers such as Inderal (Propranolol), please inform your provider as this medication may need to be changed to a select beta-blocker in advance of the treatment.
- Avoid excessive sun or heat exposure.
3 days before treatment:
- Minimize or avoid alcohol consumption.
- If possible, refrain from or minimize smoking prior to your procedure as it impacts the healing process.
- You may continue other hair loss treatments such as laser treatment, minoxidil, or hormone blocking tablets before your procedure. If you are not sure if you should be stopping a medication, please ask.
- It is ok to color your hair up to 7 days before the procedure.
Day of Procedure:
- Shower the morning of your treatment and wash your hair very thoroughly using your regular shampoo.
- Do not apply sprays, gels, or any other styling products to your hair.
- If you wear a hair system, please remove it prior to shampooing and do not wear it before your PRP treatments.
- Please eat a normal breakfast or lunch the day of your PRP session.
- Drink a bottle of water (500 mL) at least 2 hours before your session.
- It is strongly recommended to take a hot shower to wash your hair that evening, after the treatment, to promote the effects of PRP.
- DO NOT touch, press, rub or manipulate the treated area(s) for at least 8 hours after your treatment.
Avoid Advil, Aleve, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Motrin, Naprosyn, (all non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents), Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod
Liver, Essential Fatty Acids (EPA, DHA), for at least 1 week prior to and 2 weeks after your treatment.
- It is normal to experience bruising, redness, itching, swelling and/or soreness that may last from 2-5 days following your procedure. If you experience any pain or discomfort you may take Tylenol or other Acetaminophen-containing products as directed.
- We would prefer if you could refrain from applying ice to the implemented area as ice acts as an anti inflammatory.
- Do not wet your hair for at least 3 hours after your treatment.
- For the first 3 days, use shampoo that is pH balanced.
- Do not use any hair products for at least 6 hours after your treatment.
- Avoid saunas, steam rooms, swimming for 2 days after your treatment.
- Avoid vigorous exercise, sun and heat exposure for at least 2 days after your treatment.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and cigarettes for 3 days after treatment. Smokers do not heal well and problems recur earlier and results may take longer.